Billing and Monitoring
If you belong to more than one project, you may direct your CPU time consumption to the desired project by changing your billing project. The billing project indicates the project quota that your compute jobs are currently consuming.
The CSC environment offers the saldo command for monitoring your project's usage of CSC's computing resources.
The unix commands id and groups show the projects you belong to. With the command id your billing project is indicated by gid, for example gid=12345.The command groups shows your billing project as first.
To change the billing project:
- Log in to Scientist's User Interface with your CSC account
- Open My Projects (Services -> eService -> My Projects)
- Choose the project from the top box that you want to make into to the billing project
- Press the Set As Billing Project button
- Select Yes in the Confirm window
The billing project changes on computing servers next time you log in. If you are already logged in, you need to log out and log back in. The billing project you pick changes your default project for all computing servers.