Implementing CSC's next generation computing and data management environment
CSC chose Atos as the single vendor to deliver the next CSC computing environment that consists of the next-generation supercomputer and data management systems.
The new environment will be deployed in two phases.
In the first phase, a new air-cooled supercomputer Puhti and data management system Allas will be installed by the summer of 2019. It includes
- A supercomputer partition with total peak performance of 1.8 Petaflops.
- A partition for Artificial Intelligence research with total peak performance of 2.7 Petaflops from GPUs.
- A new common data management solution for both new and old infrastructure. This system is based on CEPH object storage technology and it provides 12 PB of storage capacity.
In the second phase, a new liquid-cooled Atos BullSequana XH2000 supercomputer Mahti will be installed and taken into use in early 2020. The peak performance of Mahti is 7.5 Petaflops.
- Puhti available for researchers
- Sisu decommissioned on 16th August