Funet Light Paths
Light paths are high performance data communications connections implemented separately from the Funet IP network (the Internet). Users can benefit from the full data transfer capacity of these connections that are extremely secure due to their physical isolation from other network connections.
Light paths with data transfer speeds of 1, 10 and 100 Gbps can be implemented through the Funet network.
The service includes:
- Planning and implementation of the connections.
- All devices required for the Funet backbone network.
- Unlimited use of the connections.
- Throughput completely corresponding to the nameplate capacity in guaranteed-capacity light paths.
- User support during normal CSC service hours (inc. the solving of performance problems, so-called PERT operations).
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and repairing the connections.
Services with additional fees:
- Any required optical fibre connections, provided by a 3rd party.
- Device acquisitions deviating from standard.
- Planning and implementation work deviating from standard.
Further information (in Finnish)
The light paths are implemented by means of an optical network covering the entire country. The municipalities shown on the map feature at least one, usually several, Funet network connection points through which light paths can be provided.