GIS learning materials
Here we gather materials of GIS courses, webinars and seminars kept at CSC.
General geocomputing materials:
- Geocomputing using CSC resources (Elias Annila, Eduardo Gonzalez, Kylli Ek / CSC, 2-days course, 2018). Introduction to geoccomputing in Taito and cPouta: using R, Python, Taudem, GDAL and virtual rasters in Taito, setting up a virtual machine to cPouta.
- Webinar: GIS software and spatial data in Taito (Kylli Ek / CSC, 20 min, 2018)
- Webinar: Using CSC's cloud services cPouta and Rahti for GIS (Eduardo Gonzalez /CSC, 55 min, 2019)
- Geocomputing seminar 2018. Seminar materials with short presentations of research projects where CSC geocomputing resources have been used.
- Geocomputing seminar 2016. Similar as above.
Software or application specific courses:
- Introduction to Python GIS (Henrikki Tenkanen / HY, 3-days course, 2018)
- Spatial data analysis with R (Marko Kallio / Aalto university, Juha Aalto / HY, 3-days course, 2019)
- Introduction to using Google Earth Engine (Ulpu Leinonen / UTU, 2-days course, 2019)
- Introduction to aerial LiDAR data management (Ville Kankare / HY, 1-day course, 2018)
- Lidar data analysis in Taito, with PDAL and R (Elias Annila, Eduardo Gonzalez, Kylli Ek / CSC, 1-day course, 2019)