GIS data in Puhti and Allas - Services for Research
GIS Data in Puhti
The open GIS data is stored in Puhti: /appl/data/geo
Currently (Oct 2020) there are following datasets:
- Paituli data. Paituli includes datasets from Finnish Digital and Population Data Services Agency, Finnish Food Agency, Finnish Meteorological Institute, Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency, Institute for the languages of Finland, Karelia UAS, National Land Survey of Finland, Natural resource institute Finland, Statistics Finland and University of Helsinki..
- Full list of Paituli datasets
- If in trouble finding some file, you can also use Paituli download page as help. You can see the dataset path under links (crop the beginning) or you can download the file list with "Download list of files" if the dataset has a lot of mapsheets.
- NLS normal color ortho images are not available in Puhti, but the infrared ones are.
- Dem 2m and 10m have virtual rasters, see Puhti virtual rasters.
- Stereoclassified lidar data has been slightly modified. The original NLS data had mistakes in headers, these have been fixed. Additionally lax-index files have been added.
NLS Lidar data, the automatically classified version, only data of year 2019
- Multi-source national forest inventory, 2013, 2015 and 2017. LUKE license changed in Aug 2019 to CC BY 4.0.
- All open spatial datasest available from SYKE open data service.
- Satellite mosaics produced by SYKE and FMI in Paikkatietoalusta project, added in 2020
NLS 2m DEM, lidar, infrared ortophotos, all SYKE datasets and satellite mosaics are updated in Puhti automatically every Monday.
Open GIS data in Puhti are maintained by CSC personnel. If you notice any problems with data or wish some new dataset, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
License and citing
In general all datasets have an open license, but the exact terms vary a bit, mostly CC-BY-4.0 licenses are in use. Check the readme-files for further info.
In your publications please acknowledge the data producer according to the license terms and also oGIIR and CSC, for example “The authors wish to acknowledge for provided data CSC – IT Center for Science, Finland (urn:nbn:fi:research-infras-2016072531) and the Open Geospatial Information Infrastructure for Research (oGIIR, urn:nbn:fi:research-infras-2016072513).”
GIS Data in Allas
CSC computing services users are welcome to share spatial data in Allas with other users, if the data license terms allow this. This is a community service, meaning that any CSC user is welcome to contribute and add data to Allas. The data buckets in Allas are owned by data collaborators. If you would like some share some data you have in Allas, and would like the dataset be added to this page, contact email@example.com.
- Sentinel2 2A level images. Maria Yli-Heikkilä (LUKE) has downloaded data of Finland from vegetation period (ca 10.5.-1.9.) in 2016-2020.
License and citing
In your publications please acknowledge the data producer according to the license terms, the person who has shared data in Allas and also oGIIR and CSC, for example “The authors wish to acknowledge for provided data CSC – IT Center for Science, Finland (urn:nbn:fi:research-infras-2016072531) and the Open Geospatial Information Infrastructure for Research (oGIIR, urn:nbn:fi:research-infras-2016072513).”