SD Services' Future Developments - Services for Research
SD Desktop (compute) and SD Connect (store and share) are publicly available from March 30, 2022. Planned maintenance breaks are listed on the service breaks page. Unplanned service breaks are communicated directly via the SD Desktop mailing list.
Below we list future developments for improving and expanding Sensitive Data (SD) services in priority order.
In the testing phase:
SD Desktop for secondary use of health and social data provided by single registers
Finnish Federated European Genome-phenome Archive and SD Apply
New features for SD Connect
- User interface. New, easier-to-use web user interface.
- Automated key management, encryption, and decryption via UI and CLI.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Integration with MyCSC portal.
Integration between SD Desktop and HPC
Our supercomputers (Puhti and Mahti) are classic general-purpose computing platforms that hundreds of users use simultaneously. In normal use their security level doesn't match the requirements for processing sensitive data. We are working on identifying and testing the methods that allow sensitive data processing in these services. Our first goal is to set up a preliminary service enabling users to submit well-encapsulated computing tasks from SD Desktop to Puhti. Development phase: 2022-2023.
- Programmatic data upload for publishing under controlled access.
- Data upload via SD Connect. Encrypted sensitive data stored in SD Connect will be available to SD Submit for publishing via a graphical user interface.
- User Interface for metadata description.
If you have any questions, please contact our service desk at email@example.com (subject: Sensitive Data services).