Biosciences - Services for Research
CSC provides comprehensive scientific computing, data management and analysis services and solutions for life science researchers. We also offer training and expert support to help researchers to succeed.
Getting started with the CSC services?
- Check the links collected for all CSC customers
- The summarized overview of what you need to do to get access to CSC services
- CSC user account can be obtained using myCSC customer portal, and it is free of charge for users from Finnish universities and research institutes (their usage is subsidized by the Ministry of Education and Culture)
- In the service catalog you can find all the computing and data management services and tools that CSC provides for researchers
- Read more about creating an CSC account in CSC's user guide at docs.csc.fi
- Check out our learning materials and courses
- Don't be shy to contact us at email@example.com!
Content for bioscientists
On these pages, we have collected materials especially for our biocustomers:
Tools and services
A wide selection of bioinformatics programs and databases are available. Most of them are free for academic researchers, but usually a CSC user account is required.Tools and services for bioscientists »
Service catalog for researchers »
Courses and events
Courses and events covering many areas of bioinformatics are organized regularly:CSC Training and Events portal »
ELIXIR training portal TeSS listing bioinformatics courses in Europe and beyond »
EMBL training courses »
Networks bring together people with similar interests in bioinformatics. Join our e-mail list and receive Bioinfo Newsletter!Bioscience networks »
Collection of (e-)learning materials, tutorials and webinar recordings.Bioscience learning materials »
User support and advice
CSCs specialists are happy to help you!
Best way to reach us is via CSC Service Desk »
|Eija Korpelainenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+358 9 457 2030|
|Kimmo Mattilaemail@example.com||+358 9 457 2708|
|Ari-Matti Sarenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+358 9 457 2282|
ELIXIR is an intergovernmental organisation that brings together life science resources from across Europe. Through the international ELIXIR network you can collaborate and find, analyse and share data, exchange expertise, and implement best practices.
The ELIXIR Node in Finland is hosted at CSC - IT Center for Science, and it provides cloud and storage resource and training for life sciences, with integrated computational access to very large biological data resources.