Sciences and Methods - Services for Research
Expert Support in Sciences and Methods
CSC provides a powerful computing environment and support services for research. CSC has experts and online material to help you on the topics listed below, but we will try to help you in any field of science and computational method.
Our specialists are happy to:
- Help customers to select the most suitable and effective tools and software for each research project
- Advise in the effective use of supercomputers and cloud computation
- Solve issues, install applications, give training
- Support in optimisation and parallelisation of your own applications
- Advise in using international resources
CSC's computers have a wide range of preinstalled scientific software and databases with usage instructions, so that you can concentrate in science instead of system administration. We also offer training and user support via CSC Service Desk, e.g. to install your own code.
Most of the services are free for academic researchers in Finland but require a user account at CSC.
At docs.csc.fi you can find our:
Thanks to the agreement made with the Ministry of Education and Culture, services are mainly available free of charge to researchers at higher education institutions.