Allas - Allas - Services for Research
Allas is CSC's general purpose data storage service. Allas provides an environment for storing and sharing data.
Allas can be used both for static research data that needs to be available for analysis and to collect and host cumulating or changing data. Allas can be used to host data as long as the CSC project is active.
Allas is an object storage system, which means that instead of files the data is stored as objects in buckets. Stored objects can be of any data type.
- Handles practically any static data
- Can be accessed from anywhere using the URL
- Data can have different levels of access control
- Specific tools are required
- Unsuitable for files that change constantly during their lifetime
- Data cannot be modified in Allas