Rahti - Services for Research
Rahti is a container cloud service that makes the deployment of applications easy.
Rahti provides a platform for you to host your own applications and make them accessible over the web. Rahti can run many different kinds of applications: from web servers and databases to data analysis pipelines.
In Rahti you can manage your applications directly using a web interface accessible through a web browser. Rahti can also be used through a set of APIs which allow programmatic management of resources. In order to access and use the service, you must have a CSC user account.
Rahti is built on open source. It is based on a distribution of Kubernetes called OKD, and it uses Docker containers to run applications.
- Hosting of containerised applications
- Persistent storage for applications
- Virtual networks for connecting your containers
- Load balancing of traffic to your applications
- An application catalog with many commonly used application templates ready to be deployed with a few clicks
- Features for replication, rolling updates, auto-recovery, and auto-scaling of applications
- Basic default domain name and TLS for hosted web applications
If you need virtual machines and associated infrastructure, look into cPouta.