Allas - Services for Research
Allas is CSC's general purpose data storage service. It provides an environment for storing and sharing data.
With Allas you can store static research data that needs to be available for analysis. Allas is also used to collect and host cumulating or changing data. You can host data on Allas as long as the project created on MyCSC platform is active.
Allas is an object storage system. It means that Allas stores data as objects in buckets, instead of files. You can store objects of any data type.
Advantages of Allas:
- Handles practically any static data
- Can be accessed from anywhere using the URL
- Can have data with different levels of access control
- Requires specific tools
- Isn't suitable for files that change constantly during their lifetime
- Doesn't allow to directly modify the stored data